Monday, March 17, 2014

O’Brien Kanyandu (young zimbabwean fashion designer)




First and foremost, who is O’Brien Kanyandu 
Umm O'Brien is a Unique, 22yr old Speciss graduate and 2012 3rd runner up for the Clothing indaba young designer awards..
 Where do you get your INPIRATION FROM?
I get my Inspiration from God and the people around me.

DEVELOPMENT OF A COLLECTION
Like every designer, I believe in producing quality and guaranteed garments, when making my collection, I make sure I come up and produce a Unique garment be it crazy or what but something no-one has ever seen and attractive, most of I play with mixing of colors......

What are your BRAND VALUES?
so my brand values, are that I make sure I don’t produce a basic and obvious garment but rather stylish and a bit complicated

What is your work place like?
My workplace is my bedroom at the moment and I try and keep it smart every time...

Individuality vs. group belonging
Well I believe in managing business other than a group because normally groups have soo many fights and conflicts.

What materials do you mostly?
I mainly use Denim and t shirting material.

What have you learnt as a designer?
I have learnt to take every criticism.

What are your good and bad habits?What do you aim to achieve in fashion
Well I aim to be powerful, get to be known worldwide and be one of the best selling in this fashion industry.

What are some of the challenges you faced as a fashion Designer
Challenges I have faced are, not meeting up with the deadline to finish some garments and some people failing to pay up my service...

What is success to you?
Success is gaining Fame and prosperity...

What is your biggest achievement so far?
Winning for Clothing indaba 2012 means a lot to me #The major challenge for African youth is lack of enough Capital to pay to Showcase their talents as well support for them to go places as many believe designing is all only tailoring.

What do you think are the challenges facing African Youth today?
The major challenge for African youth is lack of enough Capital to pay to showcase their talents as well support for them to go places as many believe designing is all only tailoring

Where do you see yourself in 5 years time?
Milan, Paris...worldwide

Who or What keeps you going through tough times?
Through hard times and prosperity my mom is always around.

On the local or international fashion scene, what is your absolute fashion? Must have or accessory at the moment?
Anything slim fit and colorful.

What music do you listen to and what do you do in your spare time?
Hip-hop, R&B and House music.....

Last but not least, what do you think of 7:30?
7:30 has got potential to be the best in Zimbabwe, i see it growing daily...


No comments:

Post a Comment

star of the month

star of the month